The project is divided into two phases. The first phase of activities runs from M1 until M12. The first phase of the project will heavily focus on the research work to develop novel methods on management of VPPs in term of slow-dynamic flexibility as well as new techniques on frequency, inertial response and dynamic-phasor driven voltage control for VPPs. It will define the scenarios and develop the basic control algorithms. The simulations and unit testing will be done to validate the functionality of the algorithms. The ready to run solution components will be developed as well during the phase 1. A set of small-scale indoor laboratory focussed trials will be conducted in the final months of Phase 1.
The main objectives of each work package are
- WP1 will develop the scenarios, dynamic-phasor driven voltage control concepts for current VPPs in large scale deployment and dynamic-phasor driven voltage control concepts for Energy Communities with future VPPs, based on secure planning and operation.
- WP2 will develop the scenarios, frequency and inertial response control concepts for current VPPs in large scale deployment and frequency and inertial response control concepts for Energy Communities with future VPPs, based on secure planning and operation.
- WP3 will develop optimisations of VPPs operations and of 5G featured for dynamic control VPPs as components of the EdgeFLEX solution.
- WP4 will elaborate the system architecture of EdgeFLEX and develop interfaces, service level agreement monitoring, service integrations and power control service implementations integrating and testing components from WP 1-3 as a solution.
- WP5 will be responsible for detailed planning, execution and evaluations of field trials. WP5 will take the implemented EdgeFLEX platform from WP4 and deploy it in field trials.
- WP6 will prepare the impact of the project by developing and promoting a comprehensive set of recommendations on policy and regulatory changes need to implement the new expanded role and fast dynamics services of VPPs and preparing exploitation of results.
- WP7 will organise the communications and dissemination activities of the project.
- WP8 will organise the contractual, operational and technical management of the project.